Monday, December 10, 2012

The most wonderful time of year!

So everyone talks about Halloween and it is truly great we can go out in whatever we want . People will think its funny or awesome etc mean while were like screaming on the inside THIS IS ME !!!!!! but were just so excited to be out and dressed with zero stress because even the biggest bigot or homophobic person will laugh. But now that season is over and its truly the best season for a trans/cd person because its the one time of the year that anyone can walk into any store and buy anything with out getting looks or comments or even yourself feeling that everyone is watching and judging you even if their not , But its even better yet even better then being able to go anywhere and buy anything people will HELP YOU!!!! store clerks and even customers it truly the best time to go out and get those heels or skirt even make up .

 What I found that makes me chuckle to myself is how eager people are to help . I still haven't gone out in public dressed for real other then a few Halloween's way back "as a joke" .... but I always have high hopes that I will so I decided that if I was going to I would need to forgo the usual "sexy" short tight skirts and 5 inch heels and look more appropriately dressed for the mall . You want to blend so wearing an evening gown and being 7 feet tall cause your rocking 6 inch heels you might just stand out anyway besides any other indications your a man in women's clothes. So anyway I decided to go and find a nice knee length sweater dress and some kitten heel to 2 inch heeled calf high boots . As I'm looking through the racks I can't figure what size will hang just above my knee and I notice a lady holding dresses up to herself to see the length . I leaned over and said I noticed how she was holding them up is that accurate and she said " it's pretty close how tall is she?" I quickly relied on my guy instincts and was like " I don't know I guess close to my height maybe an inch shorter and a little thinner but with bigger boobs and butt I guess?!" Well what happened next was magical and humorous she said "man a lot of women would die for a guy like you " then she said here let me show you and started holding dresses up to me to see the length and then another women joined in and was like this one here is really nice she would love it and as this women held it up to me she said see this is the perfect height .

  I then did something I never did nor thought I would ever do. I took that dress and walked to the men's dept. and looked at some jeans they had on sale I found my size and the next size bigger and went to fitting room with jeans and dress in hand. I told the lady at the door I wanted to try on these jeans and I was going to get this dress for my wife and there's alot of people going through the dress rack and I didn't want to loose it so I was going to keep it with me as I tried on jeans and she said " I can't blame you that's a really good price on those dresses" so I went in and tried on that dress and twirled around in the mirror and just enjoyed the moment.. needless to say I got dress and no jeans!!!

 Now try doing any of that in July!!!!!! In closing all I can say is Gurls go out and shop!!!!! get your outfits get your make up and shoes etc. and take advantage of the free female help we all wish we had . Ask about colors and cuts/fits shades of make up use yourself as and example as I did just act clueless and helpless and at this time of year everyone is helpful and a bit naive!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment